Build your Own Freesat Zone 1 or 2 Satellite Dish Kit for Single or Multi Room Use
Freesat is now recognised as the affordable option to Sky TV. This kit gives you that freedom to break away from expensive contracted monthly fees. With Freesat, there is NOTHING to pay once you have the equipment. This custom option kit gets you set to be saving £££'s every month.
Choose your own items to build a kit from the optional components below. This listing enables you to custom build your kit depending on your location. If you are installing the kit in either England or Wales, choose the Zone 1 Dish size option OR select the Zone 2 option if you are further afield in either Northern England, Scotland and the Highlands or Ireland/Northern Ireland. Also select Zone 2 for the Channel Islands and other regions off the mainland.
The next thing to consider is whether you are installing for a single TV position or for a multi-room solution.
You'll want to consider the following:
- If you have one TV and a single sat connection on your TV or separate receiver, choose a single LNB and single cable.
- If you have one TV and a twin sat connection (eg for recording one channel while watching another) choose the twin (siamese) cable and a twin LNB.
- If you have two TV's and a single sat connection on each TV/receiver then choose single cable (to run to each TV) and choose a twin LNB.
- If you have two TV's and a twin sat connection on each TV/receiver then choose twin cable and a quad LNB.
- If you have 4 TV's then you'll need either a Quad or an Octo LNB depending on your TV/receiver connections whether single or twin connectors and the same applies for the cable type that you use.
Automatically included with every kit:
- Both Zone 1 and zone 2 dishes require the FK14 Dish mount which will be supplied with 4 wall bolts.
- Each kit will also be supplied with an appropriate installation pack which includes cable clips, a Fascia wall plate, amalgamating tape (to waterproof the connectors), f-connectors, a wall grommet for keeping the drilled hole tidy on the inside of the property) and a full set of setup and satellite alignment instructions.
There is an optional Satfinder which you will need if you don't already have one. Some TV's/receivers have a built in signal quality meter but relying on this when you are outside aligning the dish is extremely tedious. You will need a satfinder which will also save you a LOT of time. It's a tricky task without one. (The extra few pounds is money well spent).
There are several receiver options to choose from if your TV doesn't have Freesat built in. It may have Freeview but it needs to have Freesat for watching satellite TV). If it doesn't you can still use your TV with one of our optional satellite receivers. For detailed information about each receiver check them out here. If you have any questions simply contact us through the various contact points throughout the website.