Satgear Beam80 Standard HD Portable 80cm Satellite Kit with Options for Receiver, Satfinder and SINGLE/TWIN LNB
This is a great value, high quality Satgear kit - fantastic value, great quality.
Why should you choose a portable satellite kit for your caravanning/camping trips?
- Perfect reception - even in the remotest of areas
- Crystal clear picture - you won't believe the fantastic picture quality!
- Hundreds of free TV channels available with the 12v/240v HD receiver
Why should you choose a Satgear kit?
- All kit components are excellent quality
- All our kits are specially designed for portability - they are light and compact.
- All kits are HD ready.
- We design and build our kits in the UK.
- Telephone support - you can call us should you need us, our friendly support staff are here to help
- We provide a full 1 year warranty on everything
NOTE - The kit will work throughout the UK and many parts of Europe for UK TV from the Astra 2 satellites (for UK Free to Air and SKY channels). You can also use it to get foreign language channels from many other satellites.
The kit includes:
- 80cm high quality satellite dish with unique 'removable arm' for easy portable use
- Single 0.1dB LNB, High Definition ready
- 10m high quality satellite coax cable with F-connectors
- Strong compact and sturdy satellite tripod with pegs for ground fixing if required
- Full Satgear setup and dish alignment instructions
- Flat window cable kit for feeding the satellite cable through a closed window or door
The Optional extras include:
- Satfinder meter with connecting cable
- Twin LNB for using with your Skyplus box or Twin Tuner (eg Humax Foxsat)
- HD 12v/240v receiver fully setup and preconfigured for UK channels and carefully sourced for it's ease of use
- 12v Power adapter (see related products)
The dish is very high quality, high gain with a strong removable arm that clicks in and out of place for compact stowage and simple setup.
Using the Satgear Satfinder makes it very easy to align to the satellite. You may already have a satfinder in which case select the 'no satfinder option' but note that a satfinder is an essential piece of kit for aligning your dish to receive a picture on your TV.
Choose from either a single or a twin LNB. If you are intending to use your own Skybox then you'll want to choose the twin LNB option (if your receiver is the Sky 'plus' box version. The twin LNB will mean that you can use your 'plus' features in your skybox to record etc. Same applies if you have a freesat twin tuner. Otherwise select the single LNB option.
The HD receiver is optional and available from the choices above. It can be used with either the 240v or 12v adapter (both included). The Opticum AX150 HD receiver includes an LED display, HD cable, 12v and 240v adapters, remote control and comes preset with the UK channels ready to go. If you choose this receiver you'll need to select the single LNB unless you are planning to use with a second TV/receiver in which case choose the twin LNB option as well.
This kit is now supplied with the deluxe tripod normally reserved for our Premium kits. When erected the tripod stands at a variable height from 1m up to 1.5m. The tripod is collapsible, compact and very strong. The neck allows rotation without tightening the clamp until you have set the correct direction.
Window Cable Kit
As an added bonus there is a flat window cable kit supplied with this kit which enables you to feed the satellite cable through a closed window or door so you can avoid those drafty nights. There is now no extra charge for this additional very useful piece of kit !
When stowing the kit after it has been assembled the first time, you'll see that it comes apart into two pieces - the tripod and dish assembly, as shown in the images. The total weight of the kit is less than 4.0kg, so it is very lightweight.
On The Move
This Satgear kit is ideal as a budget satellite system for use throughout the UK including the Highlands and Ireland and Northern France. You can set it up quickly and easily on your caravanning weekends away.
And to make your life as easy as possible whilst away on your break, we've produced and included a complete set of instructions for dish alignment and setting up for a great signal.
The angle of the dish is adjusted on a smooth sliding mechanism for easy setup.
The entire kit is very lightweight - only 5KG.
We have written and supplied a complete set of instructions for setup up the kit and getting a great signal. Note that this kit requires that you already have a suitable TV! If you have a Freeview TV, you still need to use the receiver provided, which will then connect to your Freeview TV using a scart or HDMI socket.
Note, if you are travelling abroad our 80cm kit is ideal for reception in many parts of Europe. It will cover the Benelux countries, all of France (even down to the South) For Spain the main uk channels are not available due to the satellite footprint but our receivers come preset with UK and English speaking channels which are accessible.
This 80cm kit is designed for use throughout the UK and Ireland, the Benelux countries, All of France and into Northern Spain (for selected UK TV channels) - from the Astra 2 satellites (for UK Free to Air and SKY channels). Note that there are hotspots in the South France where only certain UK TV channels are available. The South France is on the fringe for UK TV so in this region, some channels are definitely available but not necessarily the main UK channels such as BBC and ITV.